Tenzing Norgay MTB Challenge 1st Edition hosted by Himalayan Mountaineering Institute turned out to be a great success with participants owing in from all over India AND NEIGHBORING COUNTRIES. THE MTB CHALLENGE IS back with the 2nd edition which has more of everything i.e more higher standards, more severe competition, more
tougher challenges in terms of weather and route (with offroad and uphill terrain) and a lot more.
- The mountainous terrain of Darjeeling is probable hot spot to attract International Cyclist in years to come. HMI, the premier Mountaineering Institute of the Nation which conducts Mountaineering and Adventure courses was set up at Darjeeling in 1954 after first successful ascent of Mount Everest by late Shri Tenzing Norgay along with Sir Edmund Hillary.
- On 29 May , HMI celebrates Birth anniversary of our legend, Late. Sh Tenzing Norgay. The function being attended by various dignitaries as well as large numbers of tourists.
- By organizing Annual MTB Event we would achieve followings:
- Commensurate Birth anniversary of our legend at International level.
- Promote adventure tourism.
- Cycling is an Olympic event. Over a period of time, Darjeeling youth can be motivated to choose cycling as competitive sport.
- Employment and business to local populates (hoteliers, cycle company etc.).
The event would provide wide publicity by media team that will add onto the positive image of SPONSORS for Noble cause of “Go Green”.